Sunday, 17 January 2016

Up the Creek with even more owls

Yesterday was another glorious day, two in a row!  On the way to Stone Creek I came across a Little Owl on a haystack that I had not seen before. At the Creek there were the usual three Short Eared Owls plus a Barnie in the distance. A Marsh Harrier also flew past.
On the way home I encountered two Barn Owls but the light and distance prevented any photos.

Plenty of Lapwings in the fields


 Several of these at Stone Creek - seemed to be eating grit off the road


 Wren


 Short Eared Owl




2 comments:

  1. Splendid images! I especially like the Lapwing image, one of the best images I have seen showing it's beautiful iridescent dark green and purple upperparts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam. I know what you mean, the colours look superb in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete